Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thing 4: Keeping Up

 I follow only a few blogs that I read regularly, including a couple for work, like The Hub and YALSAblog, and just a few others for amusement.

My general attitude toward blogs ;)

It's a bit ironic that here I am writing this all on a blog. I can see the value in writing/following professional blogs, but I've never been one to really want my thoughts and opinions available to just anyone, so I haven't been interested in starting one.

And because I follow so few blogs, it's easy to just regularly check them without needing to rely on an RSS feed. This is my first experience setting up a feed. I decided to go with Feeder (my previous phone would automatically open the Flipboard app just often enough to drive me crazy, even though I had never set up anything). It was simple enough to add some blogs to Feeder, and I like how they're easily categorized by topic. If I decide to continue with the app, this will make it easier to separate professional and personal blogs. At this point, I'm interested in seeing how often I will be alerted of new posts. I don't enjoy being notified by my phone all the time (hence my avoidance of Twitter), so we'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment