Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Thing 8: Presentations

I downloaded Google Slides to my phone. I had previously made presentations on Google Drive for classes, but had not used my phone. After having tried out both versions of it, I can say I definitely prefer the computer version over the mobile version.

On the mobile version, it was easy enough to fill in the text boxes and add new slides, but beyond that, it was frustrating. I couldn't figure out how to add a theme to the presentation or move text boxes/images/videos around the page. After adding text to two pages, I switched over to the online computer version and completed my presentation much more efficiently.

I can see the usefulness of the app in that you can present it essentially anywhere you are as long as you have your phone and a wifi or data connection. I think it's pretty cool that you can choose to view it on your device or present it on a video call. However, when I went back to the mobile version to view my presentation, I became frustrated with it again. I could easily swipe or tap the screen to move on to the next slide, except for the final slide! There was no indication that it was the final slide, and no matter how many times I swiped or tapped the screen, it would not change. If you're watching a presentation that you're unfamiliar with, it's hard to tell when you're at the end of it! It is expected that there is a black screen at the end of a presentation, but using this app, you might think there's more to come!

I created my presentation on something about me, my love for K-pop. Many of you may know about it, but I'm sure it's news to others of you! Enjoy!

Did Someone Say K-pop?

Claps all around

1 comment: