Sunday, March 6, 2016

Thing 18: Find, Discover, & Share

I downloaded BAM for this Thing. It nicely lays out apps sorted into different categories so you can search based on their purpose/subject. You can look at Top Apps, New Apps, Tools, Productivity, Shopping, Health & Fitness, and many other categories. You can also receive recommendations based on what you already have installed and what's popular out there.

My one problem with this app is that the Google Play Store app does essentially the same thing and it's already installed on my Android. I can look at Top Apps, Games, and Family apps, as well as others listed under a gazillion other categories, many of which are similar to those in BAM. Users may prefer the layout in BAM, but as far as I'm concerned, the Google Play Store does a good enough job for me. Space on my phone is at a premium (gotta fit all those Kpop songs on there) and I don't really need a duplicate app.

Chanyeol wonders why I would need two apps that do the same thing

No comments:

Post a Comment