Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Thing 15: Education

I downloaded Khan Academy for my education app. I had heard of Khan Academy, particularly in connection with SAT preparation, but hadn't checked it out. After I downloaded the app, I specifically focused on the test prep portion. Each test has instructional videos covering the different subjects, as well as tips and planning information. The topics are broken up into smaller, more specific points, and users can add individual videos to a favorites list, which they can then download and access offline. The videos also have transcripts so users (especially hearing-impaired) can read the instructions, too.

The app is very user-friendly and it's free! My one comment is that, while it covers quite a breadth of subjects and classes, I'm surprised by some that have been omitted. For example, the test preparation section has information on the SAT, MCAT, NCLEX-RN, GMAT, CAHSEE, IIT JEE, and AP Art History. I would have expected the ACT to be included as well and am curious as to why the only AP test covered is Art History. Maybe they have plans to add others as well. However, as a free resource, what they do offer is great.
 
Even Kpop idols get confused while studying and need help


No comments:

Post a Comment